Tackling the Gender Gap
It’s proven business sense; more women, diversity and inclusion in a work culture equates to a more profitable businesses.
So why aren’t more businesses jumping on this? And why does diversity and inclusion appear to be so lacking in the tech industry, even in new and emerging industries such as Blockchain
We want to change this, by taking down all the barriers. But we know we can’t without a little help. And that starts by knowing what you think. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey so we can start building solutions for what you tell us are your biggest challenges. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WomeninBlockchain.
All data and research into companies that hire more women, and have greater diversity and inclusion in their culture, show they are more profitable. Indeed, a recent McKinsey report suggested just by having a scenario where women play an identical role in labour markets to that of men, then as much as 26% could be added to global annual GDP by 2025.
There’s a real chance now to build businesses based on blockchain with this parity at its’ foundation. There are already a number of fantastic initiatives around the globe that are working to achieve this, but they’re being done in silos.
We want to make it easier for more people to:
- Build a global blockchain community that shares a common interest to achieve more inclusion
- Facilitates effective learning to encourage innovation and execution
- Increases the depth and breadth of networks available to women
- Increases support through mentorship
- Shines a brighter light on those initiatives already doing great work in this space
- Creates a safe space to grow, learn and network
- Connects women across sectors
- Removes barriers
- Encourages and grows more female founders, executives and CEOs
- Identifies and works with female positive investors
- Reskills/Upskills and connects women to more opportunities
- Create diversity, inclusion and parity within blockchain that spills out to other industries
If you know of other people and women this resonates, please share to allow them the opportunity to share their views and experience https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WomeninBlockchain
Photo by Úrsula Madariaga